There’s a sense of rhythm and play in your life – but so often, you find yourself disconnected from it. The rhythm of the world and the people around you affects you deeply. It’s time to find the calm in the chaos.
This fall I’m unveiling a brand new online workshop at a low introductory cost of $65 in exchange for testing out this new experiential format with me.
We’ll meet online for 5 consecutive Tuesdays in October at 12pm EST/9am PST for 30 minutes, 10/2/18 through 10/30/18.
Each call will be recorded and emailed to participants, for your future reference and/or if you’re unable to make it live. After each call you’ll also receive an experiential takeaway (audio track, journal prompt, etc) to help you stay connected to that week’s themes.
Week 1: Pause
Week 2: Tune in
Week 3: Release & Play
Week 4: Reclaim
Week 5: Integrate & Wrap-up
When you join us in this 5 week online workshop, you will:
- experience an opportunity to fully exhale
- ground and soften into creativity, the breath, and rhythm
- use journaling and discussion to dive into how rhythm shows up in your life
- soften into guided relaxation and imagery experiences will help you deepen and internalize the work
After this workshop you will…
- have an increased connection to your own internal rhythms
- more insight about how external rhythms affect you
- have simple tools you can use to help yourself feel both grounded and uplifted
- recognize and reclaim the rhythms that you need in order to flourish as a helper, healer, and human
- be able to find some calm within the chaos
As a singer, I never really spent much time thinking about rhythm, it was an afterthought. But I know, all the way down to my bones, that rhythm is everything.
There’s a rhythm to everything. And so often I’ve ignored that, pushed past that in favor of doing more. Thinking that because I can, I should. Living each day as if a giant hand is pushing me forward, right between my shoulder blades.
There was a rhythm to how I explored as a child. Quiet and shy, I spent a lot of time in books and in my head. But I have memories that are full of rhythm – sledding and walking in nature and trying to build my tree fort. As I grew older, I learned how to hustle and how to slow down, but not how to really live in the place in between the two. How to be grounded and light, heavy and dark. How to let some things pass and some things go, how not to pack every single second of every single day. How to be enough without doing everything. It turns out, rhythm is everything.
Dare to reclaim your rhythm.
This is your invitation to root back in and connect to yourself as a rhythmic being and reconnect with your breath and body.To discern what is important for you to tune into and what noise you want to filter out.
- When? 5 Tuesdays in October at 12pm EST for 30 minutes, beginning Tuesday October 2nd.
- Where? In the comfort of your home or office. PJs/yoga clothes welcome.
- How much? I’m offering this new 5 week workshop for a low introductory cost of $65 in exchange for testing out this new experiential format with me.
- Who is this for? All helpers and healers – therapists, teachers, coaches, health professionals, acupuncturists, doulas, parents, activists, caregivers. If your personal and/or professional life consists of helping and caring for others, this is for you!
- What if Tuesdays don’t work for me or I have to miss a week? No worries! All of the workshop calls will be recorded and sent to all participants.
- What software do I need for the calls? We’ll be using Zoom, a video conferencing platform that’s free and easy to use.
- Do I need to be musical? Not at all! Maya has been leading workshops for years – often with people who have no musical experience or skill. She is skilled at making experiential exercises fun and approachable. You *may* be asked to step a tad outside of your comfort zone, but you’re ready for that.
- How many people will there be? There will be a max of 12 participants.
- What’s the refund policy? This online workshop is non-refundable. That being said, I understand that life happens. If you are unable to make the workshop, you can transfer your spot to a friend/colleague. Please email me at email@example.com to arrange this. If I need to cancel for any reason, you will receive a full refund.
Have other questions? Send Maya a message here!
“Maya has tremendous sensitivity and versatility in her teaching style and use of modalities. I highly recommend her workshops!”
-Briana MacWilliam, MPS, ATR-BC, LCAT
“The mindfulness exercises throughout were profoundly helpful to me today. I am leaving without the unhappy tangle of emotion I brought in.”