Reclaim Your Rhythm™a grounding workshop for helpers & healers
Reclaim Your Rhythm
a grounding workshop for helpers & healers
Midtown Manhattan, NYC
You’re overwhelmed. Tapped out. Pulled in multiple directions. There’s never time to slow down and tune in. All day long you’re caring for your family, clients, patients, students – everyone but yourself. You can keep the chaotic world at bay – but just barely some days. Typically you press forward and keep going – but that isn’t quite enough anymore.
Something deep inside you is calling out…
…to be grounded
…to be heard
…to be exhaled
There’s a sense of rhythm and play in your life – but so often, you find yourself disconnected from it. The rhythm of the world and the people around you affects you deeply.
It’s time to find the calm in the chaos.
I get it. I’ve been there too. And that’s why I find this work so deeply meaningful. And I believe you will also.
This is your invitation to root back in and connect to yourself as a rhythmic being and reconnect with your breath and body.To discern what is important for you to tune into and what noise you want to filter out.
When you join us in this 3 hour workshop, you will:
- experience an opportunity to fully exhale
- ground and soften into creativity, the breath, and rhythm
- use journaling and discussion to dive into how rhythm shows up in your life
- explore creative and embodied play with instruments
- soften into guided relaxation and imagery experiences will help you deepen and internalize the work
After this workshop you will…
- have an increased connection to your own internal rhythms
- more insight about how external rhythms affect you
- have simple tools you can use to help yourself feel both grounded and uplifted
- recognize and reclaim the rhythms that you need in order to flourish as a helper, healer, and human
- be able to find some calm within the chaos
Upcoming dates TBD
Hi, I’m Maya.
I’m a music therapist and psychotherapist in private practice in New York City. I’m passionate about deep dives into rhythmic play, mindfulness and creativity to help you show up boldly and calmly in this hectic world. Let’s reclaim your rhythm!
- When? Next workshop date is TBD – sign up for my email newsletter to stay informed!
- Where? My comfortable and conveniently located office in Midtown Manhattan at 202 West 40th Street. The office is located near most subway lines, Penn Station, Port Authority, and Grand Central.
- How much? $145 per person.
- Who is this for? All helpers and healers – therapists, teachers, coaches, health professionals, acupuncturists, doulas, parents, activists, caregivers. If your personal and/or professional life consists of helping and caring for others, this is for you!
- Do I need to be musical? Not at all! Maya has been leading workshops for years – often with people who have no musical experience or skill. She is skilled at making experiential exercises fun and approachable. You *may* be asked to step a tad outside of your comfort zone, but you’re ready for that. 🙂
- What do I bring? Just bring yourself. Light snacks and water will be provided.
- How should I dress? Wear whatever you’re comfortable in – yoga pants and jeans are more than welcome!
- How many people will be there? There will be a max of 6 participants at each workshop date.
- What’s the refund policy? This event is non-refundable. That being said, I understand that life happens. If you are unable to make the workshop, you can transfer your spot to a friend/colleague. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this. If I need to cancel for any reason, you will receive a full refund.
- Can I bring a friend? Sure! Please purchase a ticket for each one of you.
- Will there be food? Light snacks and water will be provided. There are many food options nearby if you’d like to grab a snack or meal before or after the workshop.
Have other questions? Send Maya a message here!
Upcoming dates TBD
Reclaim Your Rhythm Testimonials
“Maya has tremendous sensitivity and versatility in her teaching style and use of modalities. I highly recommend her workshops!”
-Briana MacWilliam, MPS, ATR-BC, LCAT
“The mindfulness exercises throughout were profoundly helpful to me today. I am leaving without the unhappy tangle of emotion I brought in.”
– workshop participant